Beach - Editorial
Turn back the clock, and forget the hustle and bustle of life, at one of Denmark's traditional seaside hotels. There's nothing quite like the laid-back atmosphere and old-world charm of Denmark's beach hotels, dotted around Denmark's beautiful coast.
Denmark has some of the most beautiful beaches in Europe. With over 7,300km of coastline, choosing the best of Denmark's fine white sand, family friendly and crowd-free beaches is tough!
Denmark is a perfect destination for water sports holidays. In Denmark you're never more than 50km from the coast, which means there are plenty of great opportunities to do water sports. Whether you like diving, surfing or kayaking there's something for you.
In Denmark you're never more than 50km from the coast, so it's no wonder the Danes love making a splash. From wild water parks to beautiful beaches, there's no excuse not to get wet in Denmark this summer - or all year round if you're a viking!
Live in the moment...
Find your dream beach in Denmark
- Stride out on Denmark’s widest beach on the holiday island of Rømø
- See history come alive at the annual ring riding festival in Sønderborg, a medieval jousting sport enjoying a revival
- Visit Bornholm’s four impressive round churches
- Walk the stunning, white-sand beach at Dueodde
- Cycle around the island on disused railway cycle routes
- Taste delicious smoked fish in the picturesque towns of Svaneke and Gudhjem
You’ll experience superb conditions for windsurfing, with some of the best in Europe found at Klitmøller, on the West Coast.
One of the world’s most environmentally friendly cities
Golf and angling
South Jutland is a haven for golfers, with numerous challenging golf courses across the region. Anglers can enjoy the best angling waters in the country in South Jutland.
The Wadden Sea coast
The Wadden Sea along the west coast is an exciting national park and intertidal wetland teeming with birds and wildlife. You will not find as many swimming beaches on the region’s West Coast, but you can swim at Hjerpsted.