Beach - Editorial
Live in the moment...
Find your dream beach in Denmark
- Stride out on Denmark’s widest beach on the holiday island of Rømø
- See history come alive at the annual ring riding festival in Sønderborg, a medieval jousting sport enjoying a revival
- Visit Bornholm’s four impressive round churches
- Walk the stunning, white-sand beach at Dueodde
- Cycle around the island on disused railway cycle routes
- Taste delicious smoked fish in the picturesque towns of Svaneke and Gudhjem
You’ll experience superb conditions for windsurfing, with some of the best in Europe found at Klitmøller, on the West Coast.
One of the world’s most environmentally friendly cities
Golf and angling
South Jutland is a haven for golfers, with numerous challenging golf courses across the region. Anglers can enjoy the best angling waters in the country in South Jutland.
The Wadden Sea coast
The Wadden Sea along the west coast is an exciting national park and intertidal wetland teeming with birds and wildlife. You will not find as many swimming beaches on the region’s West Coast, but you can swim at Hjerpsted.
Denmark's newest World Heritage Site
Back from extinction
A blustery beauty
The sea is rougher here than in other parts of Denmark, making these beaches excellent water sports areas. If you’re looking for more child-friendly and family areas for swimming, try the coastal area around Limfjord.
Cyclists love West Zealand, with its many sign-posted cycle routes and easy access from Copenhagen. Hike the area’s many popular sign-posted routes, such as those across the Odsherred peninsula.