- Stride out on Denmark’s widest beach on the holiday island of Rømø
- See history come alive at the annual ring riding festival in Sønderborg, a medieval jousting sport enjoying a revival
Tourist - Editorial
- Visit Bornholm’s four impressive round churches
- Walk the stunning, white-sand beach at Dueodde
- Cycle around the island on disused railway cycle routes
- Taste delicious smoked fish in the picturesque towns of Svaneke and Gudhjem
- Wonder at Egeskov Castle, Europe's best preserved Renaissance moat castle
- Explore the cathedral city and birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen, Odense
- Go island hopping in the South Funen Archipelago
- Visit the quaint cobbled town of Ærøskøbing
- Absorb wonderful art, architecture and sea views at Louisiana, Denmark’s most popular modern art gallery
- Follow Shakespeare’s Hamlet to it setting, Kronborg Castle
- Stand in two seas at once at The Branch (Grenen), Denmark’s northernmost point
Denmark is famous around the world as a proud Viking land. There are many places in the country where you can not only visit Viking ruins and monuments, but also take part in thrilling Viking events and re-enactments. So grab a helment and prepare for battle!
The Bridge: An award-winning hit
The Legacy (Arvingerne)
Bring your family to a truly Danish experience; a summerland (sommerland) theme park. Open only in the summer, these mega-popular amusement parks are found all across the country. Here's a selection of Denmark's most popular places to get your family's pulses racing!
The Royal Library Garden
Walk on the wild side in zoos, wildlife and safari parks across Denmark. See Siku, Denmark's adorable polar bear cub or wonder at the new elephant house at Copenhagen Zoo. Just remember to take your little monkeys with you!
Show your kids the whole universe in Copenhagen - from planetariums to the jewels of princes and princesses, Copenhagen has a treasure trove of experiences for children.
Planning to travel to Denmark with your family? Then hand pick from the best theme parks and attractions for kids around Denmark, with the help of this guide. Denmark is frequently named as one of the best family holiday destinations in the world.
The lovely waterfront area at Islands Brygge is the place to enjoy the first of Copenhagen’s harbour baths, designed by superstar architect Bjarke Ingels.
If it’s your first time in Copenhagen, a bodega is a great way to experience old Denmark. These pubs are cosy, closed-in places where everyone knows everyone else’s names. Ask a local to show you how to play a game of dice, a popular Danish pastime!