Asserbo Castle Ruin
Founded by Bishop Absalon in the 1100s
as a monastery for monks of the Carthusian Order, the castle was taken over first by the King around 1560 and in subsequent centuries by drifting sand. The castle was liberated from the sand in two phases: initially by King Frederik VII in 1849 and then by National Museum excavations in 1972. The ruins convey a magnificent impression of the castle in bygone days.
Last updated byVisitNordsjælland email@example.com
- Coach park
CoordinatesLongitude : 12.052677442
Latitude : 56.023954911