Denmark is a clean-tech and renewable energy world leader. Denmark has one of the world's most ambitious climate policies, with a goal of using100 per cent. renewable energy by 2050. This will make Denmark the first nation being completely independent of fossil fuels.
In Denmark green and responsible meetings are almost impossible not to stage. If a sustainable meeting is your goal, we will surely help you reach it.
Organic food in meetings
• Dine in the world's only fully organic Michelin restaurant, Geranium.
• Use locally grown food at your event.
• Choose organic catering for your event. Denmark was the first country in the world to introduce an organic logo that guarantees control by national authorities and organic food is easy to get in Denmark.
• Choose an airline that offers the possibility to offset carbon-dioxide emissions.
• Choose a hotel that is close to the venue.
• Use green transportation, such as bicycles, me-movers, rickshaws, electric cars or walking.
• 71% of Copenhagen's hotel rooms are eco-certified and over 60% of hotel rooms in Aarhus are eco-certified
• Look for Nordic Ecolable, the Green Key and ISO 14001 for eco-certified hotel rooms.
Reduce costs by reducing waste
• Provide resources in digital format - reduce the volume of printed materials.
• Serve water in pitchers instead of bottled water.
• Provide recycling facilities.
Read more about sustainable meetings in Denmark here.