Den Gl. Hovedvagt

Den old Main Guard
Just like the guard buildings by the King's Gate and the Citadel this building by the Prince's Gate was originally built in timber frame. The foundation from 1735 is still there, however, the current building is somewhat different in both size and shape. The building was used by the military as a gatehouse until 1934.

During the celebrations on the 5th and 6th of July the military posts guards at the two gates and the statue of the Danish Soldier all of which is located around the square where the Main Guard is also located.

Opening hours
01/01/2014 - 31/12/2015 Den Gl. HovedvagtMonday - Sunday -

Last updated by

Fredericia Turistbureau turisme@fredericia.dk
 

Contact

Address

Danmarksgade 2
7000 Fredericia

Phone

+45 72113511

Facilities

  • Access

    • only visible from the outside
  • City / Area

    • Fredericia
  • Disabled persons

    • disability limitations
  • General facilities

    • coach/truck parking
    • dogs allowed
    • tables / benches

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

From

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 9.7528823999
    Latitude : 55.5670586