The church is situated in the middle of the old town in Grenaa. It is from the 13th century but was destroyed in 1649 because of a fire. The interior of the church is built in 1650. The old altarpiece is from Holmens Church in Copenhagen. The city of Grenaa bought it and then it was saved from all the fires and bombardments which devastated Copenhagen throughout many years.