Fully thatched smock mill, Dutch type, built in 1835. The windmill stands on a hill next to Havnbjerg Church (built in 1180).
In 1612 a wind mill - a so-called post mill - was erected on the highest hill in Havnbjerg. This mill was still operating in 1776 when a hurricane struck the island and damaged wings and shaft severely. The post mill was rebuild but in 1835 it was replaced by a smock mill.
The costs are coveret by the Mads Clausen Foundation.
Last updated byVisitSønderborg email@example.com
- Coach park
CoordinatesLongitude : 9.7987532615
Latitude : 55.039944236