Herluf Trolle and Birgitte Gøye carved in wood

In the park situated between the Suså and Herlufsholm Boarding School, the founders of the school, Herluf Trolle and Birgitte Gøye are depicted carved in wood, looking up towards the school, which was their life?s work.

The local artist Jens Andersen also carved the monks on Monk?s Hill, which stand behind the impressive Monument.

The Herlufsholm Boarding School is not accessible to visitors; however, visitors are welcome to visit the park and the Herlufsholm Church. The boarding school was established in 1565 by Herluf Trolle and Birgitte Gøye "for noblemen and other children of honest people". The original construction in 1135 was a forest monastery for the Benedictines order. The school has been renovated and added onto several times, most recently in 2008 with an expansion permitting a greater capacity for pupils.

Last updated by

Næstved Turistbureau A/S vt@visitnaestved.com
 

Contact

Address

Herlufsholm Allé 170
4700 Næstved

Phone

+45 55753501

Fax

+45 55753511

Facilities

  • City / Area

    • Fladså
    • Fuglebjerg
    • Holmegård
    • Næstved
    • Sealand, Møn, Lolland-Falster
    • Suså

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

From

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 11.747266
    Latitude : 55.244567