Originally built between 1150 and 1250, the church has been extended and rebuilt many times. The chancel and nave date back to the Romanesque period and are made of granite ashlars.
The tower and porch are from the 1700s with arches and a triumphal arch facing the nave. The christening font is a so-called "lion font" and the crucifix at the altar is a modern piece, designed by sculptor Erik Heide in 1992.
Janus Friedenreich and family from Palstrup Manor are buried in the chapel extension to the nave. There are 11 coffins in total in the chapel.
Last updated byVisitViborg firstname.lastname@example.org
City / Area
Museums, Galleries and crafts
- access by appointment only
CoordinatesLongitude : 9.543014
Latitude : 56.340398