On February 6.th 1880 the church opened for the first time. The architect was Bentsen, Vallekilde. The coir is built at a later date. The fresco ornamentation with Christ on the right side of the coir, and the Holy Spirit with a dove of peace on the left side, was made by Niels Skovgaard.On the east side of the coir a shining sun is surrounded by angels. The Communion table is decorated with at golden cross. The pulpit is decorated with reliefs carved in wood.The church is a Valgmenighedskirke (church of free choice) but still part of The Danish State Church, it is self-financing and pays its own minister and get their income through membership fees. The community elects their own minister.