Lundby Memorial was raised in 1914. This is a memorial for the Danish soldiers who fell in the battle of Lundby, a collision between Danish and Prussian soldiers northwest of Sønder Tranders on 3rd of July 1864.
In 1964, at the 100th anniversary of the battle, a memorial tablet was formed and placed, naming the 34 soldiers who lost their lives on July 3rd, 1864.
The memorial is designed as a Visby cross, which was first seen in 1361 at a cemetery on Gotland in memory of the 1800 peasants who were defeated by the brutal army under King Valdemar Atterdag (ed. Otherday). It was placed in front of the thick town walls of Visby.
Last updated byVisitAalborg email@example.com
City / Area
- Nørre Sundby
- Aktiv 3
- Læring 4
- Rolig 2
- Family with children
CoordinatesLongitude : 10.009477000
Latitude : 56.962149999