The monument was erected in 1899 to honor Colonel Lunding, who stood for the fortress's defense both in 1849 and 1864.
The memorial is a 7.5m high obelisk. Surrounded by a jerngitter, and a link that forms guirlander between canon pipes as bearing posts.
On the one side of the monument is a bronze medalion with portrait of Colonel Lunding, and below a bronze love of two soldiers who travel palisades.
The opposite side is dominated by a relief, depicting the heroine museum, Kalliope.