The church has frescoes, a stone altar, an organ and 180 seats. It is quite famous for the rowan tree that grew out of the wall above the porch, and because the nave dating back to the middle of the 13th century is magnificiently decorated. The rococo altarpiece from 1750 is particularly beautiful and the frescoes are rather rough illustrations of the popular belief of that time. The oldest part of the church the apse, choir and nave were built in the first part of the 13th century. The owner of Ryomgaard Otto Nielsen Rosenkrantz and his wife had the church built. It is made of red stones on a plinth of ashlar from an older church. The porch was added towards the end of the Middle Ages. The belfry was built in 1595. The chapel to the south was built in 1639.