MINDblowing successes in 2012 and beyond
Anyone with an open MIND and interested in increasing their return on meeting investment, should pay attention to the pioneering MINDblowing Meetings campaign coming out of Denmark these days.
In Spring/Summer 2012, a successful MINDchallenge competition took place in Germany, the US, UK, Sweden and Norway, with Event Organiser IdeenReich from Germany announced the winner at the international MINDchallenge finale during the Olympics 2012 in London. In June 2012 a different kind of MIND-famtrip impressed clients from across the world. Then in November, a forward-thinking and far-sighted networking event ‘Meetings Industry Networking in Denmark’ - MINDevent 2012 - with over 60 professional Meeting Planners from 15 countries gathered in Copenhagen received overwhelmingly positive feedback from the participants. Whilst MINDblowing brain scans and quirky press packs set the agenda at the Danish EIBTM in Barcelona.
Walk the talk!
MINDblowing Meetings is the story about an innovative Danish approach to meetings. In essence, it is about 'fighting' for engaging and innovative meetings with high, measurable returns on meeting investments. MINDblowing Meetings often encompass one or more of the key elements of the unique Danish Meetovation concept: Active involvement, creative setups, local inspiration and green/responsible thinking. Because in Denmark the delegates are actively involved. Meeting and conference facilities are used in new and creative ways. Inspiring local experiences are part of the programme. Responsible thinking is key with focus on local produce, recycling and environmentally friendly transport.
Markus Diefenbach, International Sales & Marketing Manager - Business Tourism at VisitDenmark, explains:
'Denmark has continuously shown its talent for staging successful high profile meetings, conferences and congresses such as the COP15, the IOC, EU2012 and many more. Being one of the world’s most innovative and dynamic meeting destinations, we combine tailor-made meeting planning with easy accessibility, excellent infrastructure, world-class restaurants, hotels and venues and a strong focus on sustainability without a blink.
Our approach to meeting designs and execution thereof, makes staging meetings more inspiring and helps companies assess the benefits of meetings held too. We try to think 'out of the box' and to excite, engage and encourage without going 'OTT'. From the feedback we've received so far, the meetings industry seems to be ready for a change in MINDset, so we'll continue to 'walk the talk' and campaign for more MINDblowing meetings in future too!' Diefenbach continues.
Results from the MINDevent 2012 'Pre- and Exit Sessions', indicate that 20 % of the participants plan to place future business in Copenhagen within the next six months. The remaining 80 % plan to do busines sin Copenhagen within the next 24 months!
Keep an eye put for more MINDblowing events and results out of Denmark on our new meetings portal!
MINDchallenge 2012: What the clients said...
Having won the MINDchallenge 2012 final, Klaus-Peter Wenz and Cèlia Hohmann of IdeenReich, shared their thoughts on winning the out of the ordinary business events competition:
'We were very excited about wining the MINDchallenge final in early August 2012. Throughout the activity we were impressed with the innovative Danish approach to staging business events. We learned a lot about the destination and, of course, the Danish Meetovation concept, which we now use actively in our daily work. We look forward to participating at the MINDevent later this year for further inspiration.'
MINDevent 2012: What the clients said...
Attending the MINDevent on 15-16th November 2012 in Copenhagen, Martin Giblin of Travel Momentum in the UK said:
'I've been in this business for 36 years and this is the most I've learnt about meetings in years. I'll definitely change my approach to meetings and found the event of great value. I will recommend it to anyone lucky enough to be invited along. The in-depth knowledge of the organisers and the quality of both the event and its attendees made it an very enjoyable and educational trip to Denmark!'
Peter Kramer of PeC Kommunikation in Germany, who also participated at MINDevent 2012, added:
'Its been a great two days in Copenhagen. The Danes don't just do the concept, they act it, which is very inspiring. The is great need for a change in the Meetings Industry and the Danes have taken a lead position right now by practising what they preach based on their Meetovation concept.'