MINDchallenge 2013: The heat is on!
After a successful start in Chicago, VisitDenmark's MINDchallenge 2013 is now well under way in Europe. Next up was a range of game Swedish meeting planners who took on the MINDchallenge in Stockholm, and come mid-May and it's the Brits' time to show off their creative abilities and knowledge about meeting destination Denmark at the Danish designer store Fritz Hansen in London. We'll finish off with challegning the MINDs of - and being challenged ourselves by - the crafty Norwegian and German meeting planners in late May and mid-June respectively!
At MINDchallenge, the participants take actively part in setting the agenda and in organising a pre-defined event in Denmark. Whilst doing so, the participants receive lots of useful tips and ideas on how to use the Danish meeting design concept 'Meetovation' in their meeting planning proccesses. Inspiration is drawn from the unique Danish meeting design concept's thoughts on how to engage participants, use creative setups, think sustainable and take advantage of the local destinations' uniqueness and to make sure that there is a common thread at meetings - and thereby optimizing meeting clients' Return On meeting Investments.
US-participant Sarah Williams, Sr. Buyer, Event Purchasing at BCD M&I, and one of the 13 highly motivated American meeting planners who signed up for MINDchallenge 2013 in Chicago, said:
- I really enjoyed the MINDchallenge and thought all of you were very creative in how you educated us about Denmark! I learned a lot!
Christina Andersen, US Sales Manager - Business Tourism for VisitDenmark, adds:
- Our US-participants were really good sports. They seemed genuinely thrilled about the concept and activities, were eager to engage in conversations about Denmark and very excited about the presentations. They were pure professionals and we hope to see as many of them as possible again at the Meetovation course in Copenhagen and/or at the MINDevent 2013 in early December.
Fast facts about MINDchallenge 2013
- it takes place this Spring/Summer in the US, UK, Sweden, Norway and Germany.
- it is based on the unique Danish meeting design concept 'Meetovation'.
- it is part of VisitDenmark's international MINDblowing Meetings campaign showcasing the world how the Danes, based on their Nordic values and life, stage meetings 'just a bit more different than the rest..'!
- all participants are automatically qualified to participate in the first-ever International 2-day Meetovator course in Copenhagen in December 2013.
- having completed the Meetovation course in Copenhagen, the foreign meeting planners will be the first ever certified 'Meetovators' outside of Denmark.
- the Meetovation course is held in the days running up to this year's mindblowing MINDevent 2013 - the annual Meetings & Incentive Networking in Denmark - staged in Copenhagen on 4-6th December 2013.
- media interested in covering the international Meetovation course and/or the MINDevent 2013 in Denmark, should contact PR Consultant Anne Marie Barsoe at amb@visitde...
MINDchallenge - the dates:
Chicago, US: 2nd April 2013
Stockholm, Sweden: 22nd April 2013
London, UK: 16th May 2013
Olso, Norway: 29th May 2013
Germany, Dusseldorf: 11th June 2013
Germany, München: 13th June 2013