Moesgård

Moesgård - the main building build in neo-classicistic style was finished in 1778. The building owner was Baron Gyldenkrone. Today the mainbuilding is used as administration block for the museum and it is also used as work-room by the archaeologists and ethnographers.
 
The history of Moesgaard:
1778 : The mainbuilding finished
1822 : Moesgaard is bought by the Danish state
1838 : Moesgaard is bought by T.C.Dahl and Moeller
1964-70: Moesgaard restored. New buildings The farm buildings hold offices and a laboratory for the restoration.
 
Moesgård Museum is currently closed during a refurbishment and will open to the public in 2014

Last updated by

VisitAarhus info@visitaarhus.com
 

Contact

Address

Moesgård Allé 20
8270 Højbjerg

Phone

+45 86161016

Fax

+45 86272378

Facilities

  • Access

    • only access to castle garden
    • only visible from the outside
  • City / Area

    • Aarhus
  • General facilities

    • coach/truck parking
  • Museums, Galleries and crafts

    • museum shop

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

From

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 10.225766
    Latitude : 56.086574