A safe and fun cycling destination!1/7
Family holidays on two wheels3/7
Experience everyday Danish bike culture4/7
Head out into Danish nature5/7
Relax on holiday in Denmark6/7
Try free city bikes!7/7
2. You can use the nearly 12,000km of clearly sign-posted cycle routes to navigate your way around the country.
3. Denmark is covered in cycle paths and places to lock or park your bike. It couldn’t be easier or safer to use a bike for everything from shopping, sightseeing or just getting from A to B.
4. You’re not going to exhaust yourself pedalling up enormous mountains in Denmark. The highest point in the country is an easy 170m and the country’s hills are gentle, so you’re sure to get to the top!
5. If your bike breaks, there are loads of bike shops that will take your bike in on the spot and fix it for you.
6. Denmark experiences a prevailing westerly wind, so if you plan this in to your holiday, you can make sure the wind is always on your back.
7. It’s easy to bring your bike with you on public transport in Denmark.
8. Cycling in Denmark’s big cities is safe. In fact, cycling in the centre of Copenhagen, you’ll see that there are more bikes than cars.
9. Danish drivers respect cyclists and the rules of the road.
10. Danes love to cycle, so you won’t be alone on two wheels. In fact, it’s the best way to blend in and experience real Danish culture.
Read more about Cycling in Denmark.
Read more about Natural adventures in Denmark.
Read more about Family holidays in Denmark.