Obelisk from the Reformed Church

The obelisk just outside the North Gate (Nørreport) was given to the city 1950 by the Reformed Church. It was an expression of gratitude for the refuge their ancestors received in Fredericia 230 years ago. The motifs and inscriptions tell the story of the Reformed colonists. The obelisk is 18 metres high and made from granite from the Danish island Bornholm. 

Share this page

Last updated by

Fredericia Turistbureau turisme@fredericia.dk
 

Contact

Address

Nørre Port
7000 Fredericia

Phone

+45 72113511

Transport

Coordinates

Longitude : 9.7595099
Latitude : 55.5705114