The Rampart of Christianshavn

The Christianshavns Vold is the only part left of the old fortification that surrounded Copenhagen. Here is the little windmill from 1700-1800.

Generations of Copenhageners have been strolling around here, especially on the eve of 'Store Bededag' (General Prayer Day) in early Summer).

Today, Christianshavns Vold is also known for Freetown Christiania.

Share this page

Last updated by

Wonderful Copenhagen redaktion@woco.dk
 

Contact

Address

Christianshavns Voldgade 54
1424 København K

Facilities

  • Type

    • Urban spaces

Transport

Coordinates

Longitude : 12.59611
Latitude : 55.671373