Reventlow-Museet Pederstrup

The manor house Pederstrup is situated in the middle of the Lollander Alpines. The manor contains the Reventlow Museum. The main building of Pederstrup is built from the years 1813 until 1822 in a new classicistic style by Prime Minister C.D.F. Reventlow (1748 – 1827). 

He was one of the leaders behind the great agriculture reforms in the end of the 17th century. Furthermore he pioneered in the fields of schools and forestry.

The museum, which was founded in 1940, illustrates Reventlow´s life as a statesman, a reformer and a landowner. It is an interior museum, where the history is told by means of portraits, objects of art, documents and furniture. Many of these things have belonged to Reventlow.

Pederstrup is surrounded by a 20 hectare big park, which is open all the year. A riding house, worthy of preservation, is built in 1872. It is used for special exhibitions, meetings and more.

Opening hours
01/05/2015 - 31/05/2015 Saturday, Sunday 11:00 - 16:00
01/06/2015 - 31/08/2015 Tuesday - Sunday 11:00 - 16:00
01/09/2015 - 30/09/2015 Saturday, Sunday 11:00 - 16:00

Last updated by

Business LF opdatering@businesslf.dk
 

Contact

Address

Pederstrupvej 124
4913 Horslunde

Phone

+45 54844400

Facilities

  • Classification

    • Saint Hannes Cross
    • Accessibility - Easy access
  • Facilities

    • Restaurant/Cafe
    • Coach park
    • Museum shop/News stand
    • Packed lunch permitted
  • Subjects of the collections

    • Cultural history
    • Arts and crafts
    • Visual art

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

From

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longitude : 11.265511
    Latitude : 54.895909