The castle park and the forrest is open to the public. The beutiful castle is mentioned for the first time in 1300. The ghost of the castle, the holy Birgitta, is still wandering around. Today the castle functions as a County College. In the forrest of Rydehave there is a cave which the patriots used during the second world war.