Today, the lovely Skanderup Church lies practically surrounded by the town of Skanderborg. More than 100 years ago the church stood alone on a slope near the lake, visible from far away and surrounded by its white tiled wall.
During a restoration programme in the 1960ies, a number of Romanesque wall paintings dating from c. 1200 featuring rare motifs were uncovered.
The church also contains a number of monuments, epitaphs and some magnificent Baroque style oak wood carvings, also produced in the workshop of Peter Jensen Kolding.
Absolutely worth a visit.
Last updated byVisitSkanderborg firstname.lastname@example.org
CoordinatesLongitude : 9.9273839999
Latitude : 56.0399047