The castle was founded before 1200 and was from 1550-70 rebuilt into a four wing Renaissance castle.
The museum tells about the history of North Slesvig from the Middle Ages to the present with the main focus on the wars of 1848-50, 1864, 1914-18, the plebiscite and the reunification of North Slesvig with Denmark in 1920.
Large culture-historical collections with furniture, textiles, crafts and art from North Slesvig.
Open year round.
01.--.-31.03 closed Mondays.
Last updated byVisitSønderborg firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accessibility - Easy access
- Saint Hannes Cross
- Coach park
- Restaurant/News stand
CoordinatesLongitude : 9.783525
Latitude : 54.906879