Sct. Mariæ Church is one of the more modern churches of Aalborg. The Roman-Catholic parish has only existed in Aalborg since 1898.
The parish was established when bishop Von Euch invited two Camillian Fathers, Father Vido and Father Tembories, to work in Denmark. Sct. Mariæ parish was then established on April 19, 1898 in what is known as Kamillianergaarden. In the years that followed, Kamillianergaarden functioned as a hospital and a surgical clinic.
In 1926, the new Sct. Mariæ Church was opened on the corner of Kastetvej and Badehusvej, and it is still standing.
Today, it is one of the most beautiful catholic churches in Denmark.
The church can normally be visited between 7-19. Even for non-Catholics, the church is definitely worth a visit.