Statue of Bishop Hans Adolf Brorson

August Saabyes bronze statue of Hans Adolf Brorson, 1895.

Brorson was a bishop in Ribe from 1741 to 1764, and he wrote more than 100 hymns which can be found in the Danish hymn book. His hymn "Den yndigste rose er funden" (The loveliest rose has been found) is played every day at 08.00 am and 06.00 pm from The Commoners Tower.

The statue of Brorson has been situated in the same location since 1913, and in December 2015 it was moved to its current location next to Tausen.

Share this page

Last updated by

Ribe Turistbureau sps@visitribe.dk
 

Contact

Address

Torvet
6760 Ribe

Facilities

  • Type

    • Statue

Transport

Coordinates

Longitude : 8.76125
Latitude : 55.327997