Uvelse Village Church
Uvelse Church - an architectural treasure in red medieval brickwork from the early beginning af 12th century. Despite recent alterations it is extremely well preserved and during the winter 2000/2001 the beautiful village church has been carefully restored. The brickwork represents some of the finest tile work in Denmark dating from this period. A rather large addition on the Northern side with hip roof and level ceiling is from 1742 and was supposed to give enough space for the Royal Guardsmen! The pulpit is from the Renaissance and in the widespread style of Slangerup.
If the church is closed, please contact Mr. Jørgen Jacobsen - Phone: 4827 9206. Guide can be booked via the Tourist Office.
Last updated byVisitNordsjælland firstname.lastname@example.org
City / Area
Museums, Galleries and crafts
- access by appointment only
CoordinatesLongitude : 12.240611
Latitude : 55.866744