The water tower was built in 1902 for the textile factory C. Commichaus Fabriker located on Amaliegade. When C. Commichaus built his textile factory in the 1883, the cost of fire insurance was extortionate as a result of the difficulty of extinguishing fires due to the water pressure. Unhappy with the high premium, Commichaus decided to build his own water tower for the factory. The tower is now the only remaining trace of the company. It was listed in 1986.
Last updated byVisitSilkeborg firstname.lastname@example.org
- only visible from the outside
City / Area
- disability limitations
CoordinatesLongitude : 9.549484
Latitude : 56.165295