The idea of artworks as a landmark on the approach road of Grenaa was suggested by Grenaa Muncipality´s Technical Department in 1991 Three artists, Per Arnoldi, Børge Jørgensen and Poul Gernes was asked to make sketches of three works.
So far, only Per Arnoldi landmark by Randersvej has become a reality. The sculpture was produced locally by HSM Industri A/S and was, what the artist described as a light and cheerful things at 15 tons. Inauguration took place in December 1995. In 1996, at the behest of of Mayor Arne Jessen, there came light on the landmark. Per Arnoldi, born in 1941, trained as a teacher and as an artist self-taught. He has worked as a painter, set designer, posterdrawing, art critic and more.