The sculpture was made ??by Anders Geertsen, born 1943, studied at the Aarhus Art Academy. He works in bronze, granite and marble, and his works have an abstract organic form. During the 1960 'were properties on the south side of Kannikegade demolished and the street race changed so there was a space in front of the museum. In 1975 Grenaa municipality appropriated funds for a water-art facilities in Bornholm granite in the square.This was developed by John Exner, born 1916, educated at Kunstakadamiets Architecture in Copenhagen.