- Marvel at Roskilde Cathedral, the dramatic resting place of Danish kings and queens
- Experience 1000 years of history at the Viking Ship Museum
- Relax on some of the best beaches in Sealand at Sejerø Bay
- Hike the cliff top trails of the Røsnæs peninsula
Space for everyone
Space for everyone
- Feel the power of the North Sea on West Jutland’s wind-swept beaches
- Take in the vast Wadden Sea national park, a haven for birds and wildlife
- Windsurf at the best locations in Denmark, Hvide Sande and Ringkøbing Fjord
- Stride out on Denmark’s widest beach on the holiday island of Rømø
- See history come alive at the annual ring riding festival in Sønderborg, a medieval jousting sport enjoying a revival
- Visit Bornholm’s four impressive round churches
- Walk the stunning, white-sand beach at Dueodde
- Cycle around the island on disused railway cycle routes
- Taste delicious smoked fish in the picturesque towns of Svaneke and Gudhjem
- Hike the top of Denmark’s highest chalk cliff, Møns Klint
- Kick back and relax at Marielyst, Falster’s popular summer resort
- Wander the ancient streets in Køge’s historic quarter
- Seek out the rustic village of Vallø and its 500-year-old castle
Golf and angling
South Jutland is a haven for golfers, with numerous challenging golf courses across the region. Anglers can enjoy the best angling waters in the country in South Jutland.
The Wadden Sea coast
The Wadden Sea along the west coast is an exciting national park and intertidal wetland teeming with birds and wildlife. You will not find as many swimming beaches on the region’s West Coast, but you can swim at Hjerpsted.
Why not experience the green island of Samsø at the helm of a prairie wagon? You can hire a prairie wagon for a week’s holiday and take in the island’s sights at a relaxed pace.
Beaches and coastal inlets
Stags in season
Ecological treasure trove
Back from extinction
Surfers of every variety will find exciting challenges along the West Coast, while beginners can try the perfect conditions of Ringkøbing Fjord. Why not try kite surfing or the exhilarating thrill of a day kite buggying?
A blustery beauty
The sea is rougher here than in other parts of Denmark, making these beaches excellent water sports areas. If you’re looking for more child-friendly and family areas for swimming, try the coastal area around Limfjord.