Gjøl Havn, Aabybro
An old fishing village in which today is converted into a modern marina for yacht- and competitive sailors.
The Habour on Gjøl was originally build in the 1930's and was home to 22 fishing boats, employing 45 fishermen.
In the midt 1950's fishing became more of a hobby because of disease in the ellgrass.
By the village of Torpet one can see the old tar grave where the fishermen once tarred fishing nets and dried them every year in June. The tar grave was used until some 20 years ago when nylon nets replaced the traditional cotten nets.
At the end of the 1980's Gjøl harbour expanded and the harbour is now a modern marina with lots of activity and a yacht club housed in the service building on th harbour. Gjøl harbour also houses a rowing club and a sailing club.
Popular area for competitive sailors.
Last updated byVisitJammerbugten email@example.com
- Blue flag (2011)
- wireless Internet
- electricity and water on bridges
- flush toilets
- stationary crane
- tow place
- Pandrup (Blokhus)
- St. Vildmose
CoordinatesLongtitude : 9.701377
Latitude : 57.062783
To town centre0.5 km.
To shopping possibility0.5 km.
To airport (Aalborg)20.8 km.
To public transportation0.5 km.