The oldest parts of the church are the chancel and nave, which are thought to have been built c. 1200. The tower and porch are from the late Middle Ages. The south entrance, still in use today, was remodelled twice in the 19th century.
The altarpiece consists of a canopy from 1939-40, forming a framework around a very beautiflul pieta. This was carved in one piece and probably originates from an ealier, 15th century altarpiece.
The group of figures in the pieta depicts the Virgin Mary sitting with the dead body of Jesus in her lap, surrounded by John and Mary Magdalene with the ointment jar.
The granite font is decorated with cable decoration motifs. The baptism bowl and water jug are made of brass.
The church is open during the sexton's working hours.
Last updated byVisitOdder VisitOdder@odder.dk
Museums, Galleries and crafts
- access by appointment only
CoordinatesLongtitude : 10.222589500
Latitude : 55.9291448