Aalborg Town Hall

The dates 1759 on the north side and 1762 on the front indicate the period in which it was built.Until 1912 the borough of Aalborg's administration was assembled in the town hall, where the tasks were solved by only 9 persons. Today it is only used for official receptions and civil marriages.

Above the main entrance is a bust of King Frederik V, the national coat of arms and a Latin inscription, Soli Deo Gloria (Glory to God Alone) and over the door the King's motto, Prudentia et Constantia (prudence an constancy). On either side of the entrance to this graceful, yellow-painted, rococo building can be seen the only remaining gas lamps in Aalborg.

Last updated by

VisitAalborg info@visitaalborg.com
 

Contact

Address

Gammel Torv 2
9000 Aalborg

Phone

+45 99313131

Facilities

  • City / Area

    • Himmerland
    • Nørre Sundby
    • Aalborg
  • Feel like

    • Aktiv 2
    • Drengerøv 1
    • Hygge 1
    • Læring 3
  • Intended audience

    • adults
    • Couple
    • Family with children
  • Museums, Galleries and crafts

    • access by appointment only

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

From

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 9.920796
    Latitude : 57.048279