Asserbo Castle Ruin

Asserbo Slotsruin

Founded by Bishop Absalon in the 1100s
as a monastery for monks of the Carthusian Order, the castle was taken over first by the King around 1560 and in subsequent centuries by drifting sand. The castle was liberated from the sand in two phases: initially by King Frederik VII in 1849 and then by National Museum excavations in 1972. The ruins convey a magnificent impression of the castle in bygone days.

http://www.kulturarv.dk/1001fortaellinger/en_GB/s/1225

Last updated by

VisitNordsjælland info@visitnordsjaelland.com
 

Contact

Address

Bisp Absalonsvej 28
3200 Helsinge

Phone

+45 48795166

Fax

+45 48796366

Facilities

  • Access

    • freely available
  • City / Area

    • Helsinge
    • Kongernes Nordsjælland
  • General facilities

    • coach/truck parking
    • dogs allowed

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

From

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 12.052677442
    Latitude : 56.023954911