Christians Church

Christians church was originally built as a chapel of rest in 1930, but in 1942 it was converted to a church, under B. Billund, a Fredericia architect. In 1949 Christians parish split off from the parishes of Michaelis and Trinitatis, thus becoming an independent parish. No more than 25 years were to pass before the need for a larger church became apparent. This time another Fredericia architect, Ib Zachariassen organised the conversion. The old church, which faced north-south, with the chancel to the north, now became the southern nave, and the parish hall, Christianshus, became the northern nave. The extension, consecrated in 1972, was a great success. The church appears as one construction, yet leaving no doubt that there is an older and a newer part.

Opening hours
01/01/2014 - 31/12/2015 ChristianskirkenMonday - Sunday08:00 - 16:00

Last updated by

Fredericia Turistbureau turisme@fredericia.dk
 

Contact

Address

Christiansvej 4
7000 Fredericia

Phone

+45 76201570

Cellphone

+45 21672924

Facilities

  • City / Area

    • Fredericia
  • Types of church

    • church

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

From

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 9.7576609999
    Latitude : 55.579691999