One of Denmark`s largest estates, noted for its carp ponds. Visitors to the estate through the ages were Bache, Thorvaldsen, Hans Christian Andersen and others.
Renaissance castle built 1547-1575 by Peder Oxe.
Gisselfeld Abbey is a commercial foundation.
Descendants of the Christian V family Danneskjold-Samsøe have run the estate up to the present day.
9,625 acres of forest area, 3,625 acres of farmland
Last updated byFaxe Turistbureau email@example.com
- only access to castle garden
- only visible from the outside
City / Area
- Sealand, Møn, Lolland-Falster
- number of persons for group pricing (25)
- coach/truck parking
- dogs allowed
Museums, Galleries and crafts
- access by appointment only
- museum shop
- packed lunch allowed
CoordinatesLongtitude : 11.967849999
Latitude : 55.290369