Glostrup Town hall

The City Hall
Glostrup City Hall consists of four buildings connected by glass arcades.  The characteristic building erected in 1957 was designed by Arne Jakobsen and the new fine wing, inaugurated in 2004, was designed by Dissing+Weitling, formerly Arne Jakobsen's Tegnestue. 

Besides, the city hall consists of two old buildings, which used to have quite different functions. One as a brewer's villa from 1902 and originally part of Glostrup Brewery, the other as the Nursing Home "De gamles hjem" until 1970. 

Glostrup city hall square was designed by the famous landscape architect Stig L. Andersson and with the slating and the oblique lines it is a work of art in itself. In the city hall park in Glostrup you may admire a number of large fine sculptures by Jesper Rasmussen and Søren Jensen. The city hall is closed on holidays.

Opening hours
05/01/2012 - 20/12/2012 GlostrupMonday - Wednesday09:30 - 14:00
05/01/2012 - 20/12/2012 GlostrupThursday09:30 - 17:30
05/01/2012 - 20/12/2012 GlostrupFriday09:30 - 13:30

Last updated by

Ishøj Turistbureau luc@ishoj.dk
 

Contact

Address

Rådhusparken 2
2600 Glostrup

Facilities

  • Søgebyer

    • Glostrup

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

From

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 12.394143999
    Latitude : 55.664919