White washed 12th century church.
The preserved parts of the original church are the nave, chancel and apse, whereas the porch, tower and vestry are later additions.
Pulpit from 1615. The altarpiece is a painting from 1860 depicting the Resurrection.
The marble baptismal font came from Herfølge Church in 1911 when the church became a private property, it was formerly owned by Vallø Foundation.
In the porch stands a handsome Renaissance tombstone to Hartvig Høcken, lord of Tågerød Manor – died 1595 – with his wife and mother-in-law.
Last updated byVisitKøge email@example.com
- according to agreement
City / Area
- Sealand, Møn, Lolland-Falster
Types of church
CoordinatesLongtitude : 12.053779500
Latitude : 55.4368545