Mammoths - the giants from Russia
Experience prehistoric mammoths from Russia first hand at the Zoological Museum this autumn.
A mammoth family from Sevsk in Russia is now moving into the Zoological Museum to form the core of this year's major exhibition. The elephants of the past – the mammoths – have fascinated us for generations. A woolly giant with huge tusks that lived in a world of ice.
The mammoths will be accompanied by the Caucasus rhinoceros, the cave bear, the steppe bison and other prehistoric animals that walked on Earth thousands of years ago. In addition to the large skeletons, the exhibition features Russian photographer Evgenia Arbugaeva's unique photos of the modern mammoth hunters in the impassable and rough wastelands of Siberia.
- A mammoth family, young as well as old
- The mummified baby mammoth Dima, who was frozen in ice for 40,000 years (cast)
- The giant steppe mammoth - one of the largest elephants that has ever existed
- 9000 years old hair from a woolly mammoth
- The impressive Caucasus rhinos
- Skeletons and skulls from the large ruminants that our ancestors hunted on the steppes of the ice age
- Photo Series on today's mammoth hunters by the Russian photographer Evgenia Arbugaeva
|04/10/2013 - 01/08/2014||Tuesday - Sunday||10:00 - 17:00|
Children under 3 years
Children under 17 years
Tickets - 40.00 DKK
Tickets - 75.00 DKK
Last updated byWonderful Copenhagen firstname.lastname@example.org
Museums, Galleries and crafts
Types of events
CoordinatesLongtitude : 12.559646
Latitude : 55.702571
Copenhagen City Hall Square00:18 0.5 km.