Nielstrup Hovedgård

This was a big castle stronghold in the Middle Ages, the castle mounds can still be discerned with its moats. After the civil war (the baron´s feud) a three-winged manor house with tower was built in abt. 1535, which abt. 1820 was to be replaced by the present one-storey main building. Abt. 1900 the moats were filled in, both around the main building and the homefarm. The castle is not open to the public.

Last updated by

VisitSvendborg molje@udviklingfyn.dk
 

Contact

Address

Nielstrupvej 2
5762 Vester Skerninge

Facilities

  • Access

    • only visible from the outside
  • City / Area

    • Egebjerg
    • Svendborg

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

From

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 10.52852
    Latitude : 55.075545