St. Michaelis Church

© Møberg/Fredericia Turistbureau

The church was originally a German church because of lots of immigrants from the foreign countries in the south. From the year 1687 the garrison of the town belonged to the church and the church is still a garrison church as well as being an anordinary parish church.

It has only a low tower because nothing from the fortress town was permitted to be seen over the ramparts. In the towerroom there is a small carillon which is to be heard 4 times a day: 7.58 - 11.58 - 16.58 - 21.58 and sunday before the service. The font - a model 3/4 as big as the front of Thorwaldses which is in Copenhagen Cathedral ' is granted by court ornament painter H. Chr. Nielsen, Copenhagen who was from Fredericia - It is performed by the bronzefounder Rasmussen.

Opening hours
01/01/2014 - 31/12/2015 Sct. Michaelis KirkeTuesday - Friday09:00 - 15:00
01/06/2014 - 31/08/2014 Sct. Michaelis KirkeSaturday09:00 - 15:00

Last updated by

Fredericia Turistbureau turisme@fredericia.dk
 

Contact

Address

Vendersgade 30C
7000 Fredericia

Phone

+45 75921004

Fax

+45 75924828

Facilities

  • City / Area

    • Fredericia

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

From

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 9.7545119999
    Latitude : 55.565285499