Vium Kirke

When the Romanesque Vium church was first built in granite ashlar in c. 1150, it had a flat roof and no tower. The tower and arches were added in c. 1450.  Steen Steensen Blicher was born at the rectory in Vium on 11 October 1782. His father, Niels Blicher, was the minister here from 1779 to 1795. Objects that existed in Blicher’s day include the altarpiece from 1652, bearing the names and coats of arms of Jørgen Marsvin and Anne Helvig Gyldenstierne. The church also houses some special baroque frescoes from the late 16th century.

Opening hours
01/01/2014 - 31/12/2014 SilkeborgMonday - Saturday09:00 - 16:00

Last updated by

Silkeborg Turistbureau info@silkeborg.com
 

Contact

Address

Vium Kirke
8620 Kjellerup

E-mail

Phone

+45 86667429

Fax

+45 86667129

Facilities

  • City / Area

    • Gudenå
    • Kjellerup
    • Silkeborg

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

From

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 9.374192
    Latitude : 56.328481