Culture - Editorial
Denmark has once again been ranked as the happiest nation in the world, this time by the 2013 World Happiness Report. Key factors include healthy life expectancy at birth, freedom to make life choices, social support, corruption and generosity.
A good relationship
Celebrate Christmas with BoConcept at their American flagship stores in:
Tyson’s Corner, VA (just outside DC)
Tysons Galleria - Third floor
1763 U International Drive
Saturday, December 7, 2-6pm
Though a very small minority group, the Jewish people in Denmark have made significant contributions to the economic, political, cultural and scientific development of Denmark.
Skagen - land of light
Skagen is famous for its spectacular light, and for centuries artists have been drawn to the place to capture the incredible colors and nature there, including famous Danish painters Anna Ancher and her husband Michael Ancher.
Hygge is as Danish as pork roast and cold beer and it goes far in illuminating the Danish soul. In essence, hygge means creating a nice, warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people around you. The warm glow of candlelight is hygge.
1000s – The first settlement.
The perfect location
An award-winning international hit
At the heart of Denmark
Laid back and down-to-Earth
- Stride out on Denmark’s widest beach on the holiday island of Rømø
- See history come alive at the annual ring riding festival in Sønderborg, a medieval jousting sport enjoying a revival
- Absorb wonderful art, architecture and sea views at Louisiana, Denmark’s most popular modern art gallery
- Follow Shakespeare’s Hamlet to it setting, Kronborg Castle
- Relax in the cute fishing villages and beach areas of the North Sealand coast
Those Who Kill
- Wonder at Egeskov Castle, Europe's best preserved Renaissance moat castle
- Explore the cathedral city and birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen, Odense
- Go island hopping in the South Funen Archipelago
- Visit the quaint cobbled town of Ærøskøbing
- Lose yourself in the rolling heathlands of Djursland’s National Park
- Spend an exciting weekend in Aarhus, Denmark’s second city
- Cycle or hike the many, varied trails of The Lake District