- Absorb wonderful art, architecture and sea views at Louisiana, Denmark’s most popular modern art gallery
- Follow Shakespeare’s Hamlet to it setting, Kronborg Castle
Couples holidays - Editorial
- Stand in two seas at once at The Branch (Grenen), Denmark’s northernmost point
- Wonder at Egeskov Castle, Europe's best preserved Renaissance moat castle
- Explore the cathedral city and birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen, Odense
- Go island hopping in the South Funen Archipelago
- Visit the quaint cobbled town of Ærøskøbing
- Lose yourself in the rolling heathlands of Djursland’s National Park
- Spend an exciting weekend in Aarhus, Denmark’s second city
- Cycle or hike the many, varied trails of The Lake District
- Visit Bornholm’s four impressive round churches
- Walk the stunning, white-sand beach at Dueodde
- Cycle around the island on disused railway cycle routes
- Taste delicious smoked fish in the picturesque towns of Svaneke and Gudhjem
Taste the delicacies of South Jutland beef and lamb, particularly delicate due to the salty air of the area’s grazing region.
Golf and angling
South Jutland is a haven for golfers, with numerous challenging golf courses across the region. Anglers can enjoy the best angling waters in the country in South Jutland.
The Wadden Sea coast
The Wadden Sea along the west coast is an exciting national park and intertidal wetland teeming with birds and wildlife. You will not find as many swimming beaches on the region’s West Coast, but you can swim at Hjerpsted.
The ruined castle
Koldinghus Castle Ruin is a treat in itself, but it also houses some interesting museums, including one dedicated to Danish silver. Just outside Kolding, you’ll find the Trapholt museum, where you can enjoy contemporary art, handicrafts and design.