Engross yourself in art in Denmark! This time of year offers a great selection of art exhibitions from both famous artists and Danish names. Here's a guide to some of the best art exhibitions in Denmark this autumn.
Art - Editorial
Autumn is a special time in Denmark. Because of its four distinct seasons, Denmark goes through a transformation this time of year that can be seen not only in nature but also in the types of events on offer.
Copenhagen is full of festivals throughout the year. Music, film, food, art, comedy - the Danish capital has an event for everyone. Here's a selection of great festivals taking place in Copenhagen this year.
Denmark is a haven for culture. Arts, music, dance, theatre, fashion, events – Denmark offes it all, all year round. Here's a brief guide to some of the best cultural activitites in Denmark.
Copenhagen is rich in history.
Shopping, sightseeing, eating, partying... you can do it all in 48 hours in Copenhagen.
Aalborg: Denmark's laid-back city
The city of Aalborg offers something for everyone, regardless of interests and budget. The harbour is a buzzing new area of cultural attractions, including the Utzon Centre, and a great place to walk and take in views of the city.
At the heart of Denmark
The perfect location
- Wonder at Egeskov Castle, Europe's best preserved Renaissance moat castle
- Explore the cathedral city and birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen, Odense
- Go island hopping in the South Funen Archipelago
- Visit the quaint cobbled town of Ærøskøbing
- Absorb wonderful art, architecture and sea views at Louisiana, Denmark’s most popular modern art gallery
- Follow Shakespeare’s Hamlet to it setting, Kronborg Castle
- Stand in two seas at once at The Branch (Grenen), Denmark’s northernmost point
The ruined castle
Koldinghus Castle Ruin is a treat in itself, but it also houses some interesting museums, including one dedicated to Danish silver. Just outside Kolding, you’ll find the Trapholt museum, where you can enjoy contemporary art, handicrafts and design.