Culture - Editorial
Danish Christmas traditions
Though a very small minority group, the Jewish people in Denmark have made significant contributions to the economic, political, cultural and scientific development of Denmark.
Skagen - land of light
Skagen is famous for its spectacular light, and for centuries artists have been drawn to the place to capture the incredible colors and nature there, including famous Danish painters Anna Ancher and her husband Michael Ancher.
There's a little bit of Viking in all of us. Young and old, we all share a fascination with the Vikings, their history and their way of life. So whether you want to try your hand at Viking life or immerse yourself in Viking history and culture, Denmark offers it all.
The Viking age
Shopping, sightseeing, eating, partying... you can do it all in 48 hours in Copenhagen.
The Danish meaning of hygge
Aalborg: Denmark's laid-back city
At the heart of Denmark
The perfect location
1000s – The first settlement.
- Stride out on Denmark’s widest beach on the holiday island of Rømø
- See history come alive at the annual ring riding festival in Sønderborg, a medieval jousting sport enjoying a revival
- Visit Bornholm’s four impressive round churches
- Walk the stunning, white-sand beach at Dueodde
- Cycle around the island on disused railway cycle routes
- Taste delicious smoked fish in the picturesque towns of Svaneke and Gudhjem
- Wonder at Egeskov Castle, Europe's best preserved Renaissance moat castle
- Explore the cathedral city and birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen, Odense
- Go island hopping in the South Funen Archipelago
- Visit the quaint cobbled town of Ærøskøbing