There are many different ways to enjoy Denmark, depending on your interest. Are you looking for a romantic weekend break to Copenhagen? Thinking of a blissful break around Denmark's countryside by bike? Or maybe you're ready for some family fun at Denmark's fantastic theme parks.
Attractions - Editorial
Denmark has a wide variety of world-class museums and there is something for all ages and interests. Whether you like history, art, nature or science, there's a museum for you. Here's a list of some of the more popular Danish museum attractions to get you started.
Shopping, sightseeing, eating, partying... you can do it all in 48 hours in Copenhagen.
You won't run out of fun things to do in Denmark over the Christmas season. As well as the wealth of unique Danish Christmas events and attractions, such as Tivoli Christmas Market, many of Denmark's most-popular attractions are open for indoor and outdoor entertainment.
It can be hard to explain the Danish word 'hygge' (sounds a bit like 'hooga'). Roughly it translates to coziness, but that definition doesn’t quite cover it.
- Stride out on Denmark’s widest beach on the holiday island of Rømø
- See history come alive at the annual ring riding festival in Sønderborg, a medieval jousting sport enjoying a revival
- Visit Bornholm’s four impressive round churches
- Walk the stunning, white-sand beach at Dueodde
- Cycle around the island on disused railway cycle routes
- Taste delicious smoked fish in the picturesque towns of Svaneke and Gudhjem
- Wonder at Egeskov Castle, Europe's best preserved Renaissance moat castle
- Explore the cathedral city and birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen, Odense
- Go island hopping in the South Funen Archipelago
- Visit the quaint cobbled town of Ærøskøbing
- Absorb wonderful art, architecture and sea views at Louisiana, Denmark’s most popular modern art gallery
- Follow Shakespeare’s Hamlet to it setting, Kronborg Castle
- Stand in two seas at once at The Branch (Grenen), Denmark’s northernmost point
Bring your family to a truly Danish experience; a summerland (sommerland) theme park. Open only in the summer, sommerlands are mega-popular amusement parks, found around the country.
The Royal Library Garden
Show your kids the whole universe in Copenhagen - from planetariums to the jewels of princes and princesses, Copenhagen has a treasure trove of experiences for children.
Planning to travel to Denmark with your family? Then hand pick from the best theme parks and attractions for kids around Denmark, with the help of this guide. Denmark is frequently named as one of the best family holiday destinations in the world.