Monuments - Products

Tellus search results

Results

Showing 901 - 950 of 968 entries

A. Holck

4930, Maribo

A bust made of granite on a granite plinth.

A. Holck was predecessor for 'Lolland-Falster's Stiftsmuseum'....

A monument for the minister of education professor Hartwig Frisch. He was member of the Danish parliament in Maribo district....

A monument that weighs 23 ton. The monument was erected in memory of the hard work it was to dry-up the land.Where the monument stands today, were there before the dry-up 87 cm of water this is m...

Sculptures in Brande

7330, Brande

The Ikast-Brande area is well-known for its spectacular art displayed in the public space, which can be enjoyed 24 hours a day - for free. Well-known artists are represented in our area, just like les...

© Steen Olsson

Hans Sophus Wilhelm Barner was born on Eskildstrup Manor on 31 January 1839. He was the owner of the Manor from 18887 to 1921.

He was, of course, very interested in agriculture and in particular the ...

© Steen Olsson

Peter Motzfeldt was born in 1728 and was not only bell ringer but also parish clerk and school keeper at St. Bendt’s Church from 1751, where he takes over his father’s office. He keeps his position ti...

© Steen Olsson

In the village Ørslev Underskov under the lime tree you can find 32 stones in a circle.  Each stone is carved with the land registration number of each owner.

On 6 June 1945 the old village was resto...

© Steen Olsson

Kaj Fogh Hansen

4100, Ringsted

Kaj Fogh Hansen was employed by Ringsted Træskofabrik (Clog Factory) in Benløse and also served as a civil police agent (civil protection officer). During an air raid on the night between 29 and 30 Au...

© Susanne Reiff

The little square was changed in 1993-1994 and in this connection a water sculpture was placed. The sculpture is made by Ullrich Rössing and is named "The Timewave". ...

© Susanne Reiff

Wings in Tinggade

4100, Ringsted

The artist, Erik Heide is known for using wings in his sculptures and keeping the wings in a fascinating movement.

The Sculpture was sponsored by the Post Office and Ringsted Municipality after the r...

This stone was set up on the 100 years anniversary for the first Danish Constitution. The Constitution was signed by the last King in absolute power, Frederik VII in 1849....

The inhabitants in the village Ørslev had this stone set up on the 100 years' anniversary for the first Danish Constitution. The Constitution was signed by the last King in absolute power, Frederik VI...

© Steen Olsson

The milestone in Sct. Bendtsgade show that there is 8 miles = 60.256 km till Copenhagen.

 

All milestones in Denmark are listed - and are made of Bornholm granite.

 ...

Statute of King Valdemar the Great (King from 1138-1182), who built Sct. Bendt's Church.Donated by the Carlsberg Foundation....

© Steen Olsson

The Queen Dagmar Memorial Well made by the Danish sculptor Henrik Starcke (1899-1973) in 1949.The Memorial Well was made in honour of the Bohemian Princesse Marketa, who married Va...

Madonna with Child

4100, Ringsted

The figurine represents Madonna (Virgin Mary) with the Infant Jesus Christ on her ar´m. It is one meter tall and is cast in concrete. The figurine was erected around 1920 and was g...

Vejkrucifiks

4100, Ringsted

The crucifix is 4 m high and represents the suffering Jesus Christ. The figure was cut in Oberammergau (South Germany) and the cross is made in Copenhagen.  The crucifix is roofed.  

© Steen Olsson

Jesu Heart

4100, Ringsted

The figurine represents a male, pointing at a heart on his chest. On the heart there is a chain symbolising the crown of thorns on the bleeding heart of Jesus. Over the heart a flame can be seen.

Crucifix for Knud Lavard

4100, Ringsted

The crusifix was erected  on 3 June 1902 in memory of Knud Lavard (1096-1131), who was murdered on 6 January 1131. The crusifix is 4 meters high, made of oak with a copper roo...

Mindelunden

4100, Ringsted

Erected in memory of Denmark's liberation in 1945, unveiled 5 May 1946.Unofficial translation of the inscription on the stone: This stone is erectedon Zealands Court...

© Steen Olsson

John Rud Sculpture

4100, Ringsted

Sculpture made by John Rud and donated by Nordea Foundation in 2005. Title of the sculpture is Granite....

© Steen Olsson

Kilen

4100, Ringsted

The sculpture -Kilen- is placed between the Library and the Pavillon as a wedge, hence the name. The wedge is a geometrical figure with no back or front.The sculptor Torben Ebbesen was ...

© Susanne Reiff

"Trapped movement towards the sky" is the name the sculptor has given his work.


The sculpture and painter Jan Leth - he lived for many years in Ringsted - has created this 3 m high bronze sculpture,...

© Steen Olsson

Satyr, Cat and Elephant

4100, Ringsted

Sculpture by Pontus Kjerrman picturing Satyr, cat and elephant. The sculpture is made of bronze and concrete. 

Placed in the park in front of Sct. Bendt's church in 1995.

Pontus Kjerman was born in ...

© Susanne Reiff

Trøsten

4100, Ringsted

Sculpture by Jesper Neergaard. ...

The new water sculpture and the elaboration of the whole square was designed by the architects  Marianne Seistrup & Per Lundgaard Christensen.  The first part of the Square inaugurated o...

Gyldenløves Høj - Hillock

4174, Jystrup Midtsj

Gyldensløves Høj (121,3 meters) the second highest altitude in Zealand.The hill is named after the half brother to King Christian V, Ulrik Frederik Gyldenløve, the owner of Skjoldenæsholm Ma...

© Steen Olsson

The artwork consists of 6 tiles weighing 400 kg and was given by the association “Aldrig mere krig” (Never War Again). The tiles were laid down in Sjællandsgade in 1986 in connection with the renovati...

Saturday 10 July 1920 the reunification stone in Mulstrup was unveiled. Farm owner Fr. Sørensen, Mulstrup personally carved the inscription: 15 JULI 1920

The school teacher Clausen planted the oak tr...

© Steen Olsson

The reunification stone was set up on 15 June 1921 – one year after. It was unveiled by the town vet Axel Petersen.

In the years 1920-1938 561 reunification stones were set up around the country, ove...

© Steen Olsson

The reunification stone was unveiled on 10 July 1920.

In the years 1920-1938 561 reunification stones were set up around the country, over half were erected in 1920. The unification is the historic e...

© Steen Olsson

The reunification stone was set up in the autumn of 1921

In the years 1920-1938 561 reunification stones were set up around the country, over half were erected in 1920. The unification is the histori...

Around Denmark a lot of memorial stones were placed just after World War 2 to express the feeling of liberation after 5 black years and to commemorate future generations that this must never happen ag...

© Steen Olsson

The sculpture was created by Monica Ritterband.

In 2007 it was unveiled in the company Enemærke & Petersen’s yard at their annual summer get together. The sculpture symbolizes the solidarity across b...

© Susanne Reiff

The Cairn at Sigersted was made and placed in 1999 by the local artist Claus Christian Jørgensen. The stones were collected from the fields around Sigersted. 

The Bronze Crown on top symbolizing King...

© Steen Olsson

The sculptor Bjørn Poulsen (born 1959) has created this sculpture of grey granite in 1993. The sculpture is with no title and was placed there in August 2001....

© Steen Olsson

The tree has been carved and shaped as an owl. The perfect entrance figure for the wood and was made in 2012....

© Susanne Reiff

The drinking fountain on the Square also shows the distances from Ringsted to the twin towns:

Skövde 351 km, Vammala 923 km, Halden 410 km,

Gyöngyos 1,020 km, Kutna Hora 655 km,

Ringsted Iowa, USA ...

The Water lily is designed by Gerda Dragsdahl and was carried out by the bronze caster Jan Olsen from Vipperød.

The water lily was originally place at the town square on the tomb of the guardsman, bu...

© Steen Olsson

The stone was put up on 9 July by the teacher Andersen of Allindemagle school. It has been moved to its present position near the church in Haraldsted in 1968.

In the years 1920-1938 561 reunificatio...


Did you know that Denmark’s oldest station building is in Roskilde? Not even Copenhagen Central Station can compete!

Roskilde Station was built in 1847, when a railway was laid between Copenhagen an...

Roskilde Ring Racetrack

4000, Roskilde


Do you have motor oil in your blood? Does motor racing excite you? If so, you probably know that Roskilde and motor racing have been closely linked for generations. Roskilde is where big names like J...

The Lapidarium of Kings

1220, København K

Experience royal sculptures in a unique, atmospheric setting at The Lapidarium of Kings in Christian IV’s Brewhouse on Slotsholmen island.

Have you ever wondered what happens to old sculptures and st...

© Steen Olsson

The Globe is constructed by the artist René Schmidt and symbolizes the quality of the Veteran Center: Solidarity, network, endless and unbreakable bonds. Inspiration has come from the globes in the go...

Kongestenen

9690, Fjerritslev

When the danish King Frederick the Sixth visited Grønnestrand in 1824, he stated:

"This is the most beautiful spot in my kingdom"

In commemoration of this visit, a local squire erected a monument ca...

© Steen Olsson

On this lovely spot in St. Bøgeskov the Baptist found a suitable place for their adult baptism. The source here was said to have curative effect. 

They met at the Community House in Vanløse and went ...

© Steen Olsson

The post horseman was created by Johannes Bjerg in 1938 for the Post & Telegraph who placed them at selected post offices.  Ringsted Post Office moved in January 2014 to RingStedet. The post horseman ...

© Historisk Atlas

The Trinity

5000, Odense C

Bjørn Nørgaard's portrait of Hans Christian Andersen - Trinity - consists of The Shadow, The Improviser and The Travelling Companion.

The sculpture stands opposite the railway station, making it the ...

Results

Showing 901 - 950 of 968 entries