The town museum of Roskilde tells the story of one of the most important towns of Denmark and of the area around Roskilde and Lejre from prehistoric times to the present day.
The museum received a Nordic award for the exhibits of the rich collections which were made in collaboration with the famous Danish artists Maja Lisa Engelhardt and Peter Brandes.
They include a.o.:
- The auroch of Himmelev
- Lejre - the medieval town of kings and bishops
- Costumes, textiles, earthenware, silver and topographic paintings from
more modern times
- A unique collection of toys
Roskilde Museum has a number of branches: The Lützhøft's Købmandsgård, The Craft Museum, The Butcher's shop, The Tadre Mill and The Skt. Laurentius church ruins an tower.
Furthermore, the museum is in charge of the museum of the Roskilde Cathedral.
Admission - 25.00 DKK
Admission - 15.00 DKK
Last updated byVisitRoskilde firstname.lastname@example.org
City / Area
- Sealand, Møn, Lolland-Falster
- Copenhagen Card - discount
- Free entrance with sightseeing card
- number of persons for group pricing (5)
Museums, Galleries and crafts
- active sharing
- arts and crafts
- cultural history
- daily life
- local history
- museum shop
- viking age
CoordinatesLongtitude : 12.083397800
Latitude : 55.642539199