- Wonder at Egeskov Castle, Europe's best preserved Renaissance moat castle
- Explore the cathedral city and birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen, Odense
- Go island hopping in the South Funen Archipelago
- Visit the quaint cobbled town of Ærøskøbing
Family holidays - Editorial
- Absorb wonderful art, architecture and sea views at Louisiana, Denmark’s most popular modern art gallery
- Follow Shakespeare’s Hamlet to it setting, Kronborg Castle
- Relax in the cute fishing villages and beach areas of the North Sealand coast
- Stand in two seas at once at The Branch, Denmark’s northernmost point
- Uncover the intriguing buried church in the dunes south of Skagen
- Wander round the artistic seaside town of Skagen
It all started with wood
Marguerite Route facts
You’ll experience superb conditions for windsurfing, with some of the best in Europe found at Klitmøller, on the West Coast.
The world’s most-visited seasonal theme park
The ruined castle
Koldinghus Castle Ruin is a treat in itself, but it also houses some interesting museums, including one dedicated to Danish silver. Just outside Kolding, you’ll find the Trapholt museum, where you can enjoy contemporary art, handicrafts and design.
Golf and angling
South Jutland is a haven for golfers, with numerous challenging golf courses across the region. Anglers can enjoy the best angling waters in the country in South Jutland.
The Wadden Sea coast
The Wadden Sea along the west coast is an exciting national park and intertidal wetland teeming with birds and wildlife. You will not find as many swimming beaches on the region’s West Coast, but you can swim at Hjerpsted.