Family holidays - Editorial
Take home your own Advent wreath
The city of Aalborg offers something for everyone, regardless of interests and budget. The harbour is a buzzing new area of cultural attractions, including the Utzon Centre, and a great place to walk and take in views of the city.
Types of holiday home
Live in the moment...
Danish Cyclists’ Federation
Nature awaits, all day every day
Find your dream beach in Denmark
- Stride out on Denmark’s widest beach on the holiday island of Rømø
- See history come alive at the annual ring riding festival in Sønderborg, a medieval jousting sport enjoying a revival
- Visit Bornholm’s four impressive round churches
- Walk the stunning, white-sand beach at Dueodde
- Cycle around the island on disused railway cycle routes
- Taste delicious smoked fish in the picturesque towns of Svaneke and Gudhjem
- Wonder at Egeskov Castle, Europe's best preserved Renaissance moat castle
- Explore the cathedral city and birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen, Odense
- Go island hopping in the South Funen Archipelago
- Visit the quaint cobbled town of Ærøskøbing
- Absorb wonderful art, architecture and sea views at Louisiana, Denmark’s most popular modern art gallery
- Follow Shakespeare’s Hamlet to it setting, Kronborg Castle
- Stand in two seas at once at The Branch (Grenen), Denmark’s northernmost point
Denmark is famous around the world as a proud Viking land. There are many places in the country where you can not only visit Viking ruins and monuments, but also take part in thrilling Viking events and re-enactments. So grab a helment and prepare for battle!
Bring your family to a truly Danish experience; a summerland (sommerland) theme park. Open only in the summer, sommerlands are mega-popular amusement parks, found around the country.